The Cloud Client is a all access point for our customers using our cloud-based software option. The below image is a example of our Cloud Client (depending on the version). In this article we are going to explain how-to use the Remote Request option for capturing signatures w/ the SignDoc feature (a compatible pre-installed signature pad is required).
Follow the instructions carefully in order to capture signatures in your cloud-based software using the Remote Request feature.
1. The Cloud Client MUST be open (only 1 instance of the cloud client at a time) before requesting any signatures. Make sure you have a instance of the cloud client open and minimized on your desktop.
This icon must be open on your desktop before initiating the Remote Request feature.
2. Open the tax return you would like to initiate the request and make sure that the return is Verified Successful.
3. Select the Print menu option from the toolbar in the tax software.
4. Select the SignDoc button from the print options window.
5. DO NOT select any option from the next prompt. You MUST navigate to the Cloud Client (previously minimized on your desktop) now.
6. After selecting the Cloud Client you can now select Remote Req (Remote Request).
7. This will open the Cloud Remote Request Queue with the Remote Request you initiated in Step 4 above. Select the remote request you would like to sign at this time.
8. You now will be prompted to Sign the pre-installed signature pad (if you see an error here, it is because you don't have the signature pad installed correctly).
9. You can now close the Cloud Remote Request Queue
10. Minimize the Cloud Client (DO NOT CLOSE THE CLOUD CLIENT)
11. NOW, you can select OK from the below prompt (depending on the cloud connection speed, it is strongly recommended to give this at least a 15sec window before completing this step).
12. The print options window should now be displayed and it will Close on its own (please wait for this window to close on its own).
13. You now will see a a pdf version of the tax return. You can close this window and the tax return will print (printing from the .pdf version will duplicate printing).
This completes the process of using the SignDoc feature via the cloud client remote request.