Generally, any student enrolled in an eligible educational institution will receive Form 1098T for that applicable tax year. Either the student or the taxpayer who claimed the student as a dependent may qualify for an education credit.
Follow the instructions below to correctly enter the Form 1098T - Tuition Statement:
1. Click "Add Form"
2. Type the correct form into the search box (1098T), and select the Tuition Statement
3. Complete all the fields required for filing, directly from the Form 1098T (in-hand)
4. Mark the box at the bottom of the Form 1098T, that directs expenses to be carried to Form 8863
5. Click "Refresh"
6. Navigate to FRM 8863PIII
7. Answer Questions 3 and 23-26 on Form 8863 Part III
8. Click "Verify"
9. All FRM 1098T/FRM 8863PIII items should be removed from the "Return Errors and Rejects"
Form 8867 Due Diligence questions are now required by law for Paid Preparers on the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC). See Form 8867 instructions for details.
need more help, watch our quick video below...