Our software has the ability to request a signature from a taxpayer's and/or spouse's mobile device at the time of tax return completion. After authenticating their identity, the taxpayer/spouse can review a copy of their Income and Information Details Checklist and sign it using their mobile device.
Here is how it works
You must first make sure that you have CAPTURED the Paid Preparer & ERO Signatures in the Database Options (see article on how to capture Paid Preparers/ERO signatures).
1. Make sure the tax return has been verified successfully.
2. Select the PRINT icon from the toolbar
3. Review/Select the correct PRINTER from the printer drop-down box.
4. Select RemoteSign
If you see an error occur after completing Step 4 above, then you will need to enter the Taxpayer/Spouses Cell Phone Number and Cell Phone Provider on the Client Data.
5. Once you have selected the RemoteSign button, you will now be prompted to select any individuals who would not like to sign from the phone at this time (typically this will be nobody, if we are using the remotesign feature).
Selecting an option from above will require the selected individual to sign with a previously installed signature pad. If you want to use the RemoteSign feature for all individuals, the check boxes must be unchecked.
6. After you select Ok, you will be prompted to select how you would like the notification to be sent to your individual(s). Select the individuals cell phone for the RemoteSign link.
7. You now can close the PRINT Menu and wait for your taxpayers to receive their notification to sign the remote signature request.
8. Tax preparers can view/print Remote Signature Capture status in the Attached Forms List within the tax return.
- Time stamps ensure compliance
- ERO & Preparer signatures are automatically applied
- The remote signature is stored within the tax return
9. View pending signature requests directly on the Work In Progress Summary under Exceptions/Rejects.
Below is what the taxpayer/spouse will see on the mobile device.
1. Taxpayers will receive a text message via their mobile device
2. Taxpayers will then be required to verify their Identity (identity verification consists of Last Name, Date of Birth, and Last 4 Digits of SSN on actual tax return)
3. Taxpayers must Select that they agree to the statement "Is the document accurate to the best of your knowledge" from the Income and Information Details Checklist
4. Click, OK to provide signatures
5. Click Close, and turn the mobile device sideways
6. Sign the mobile device with your finger or touch device and select Submit
7. Taxpayers must select Yes to confirm they are satisfied with the captured signature and ready to submit it
8. Taxpayers now may close the window on their mobile device
This completes the Remote Signature Capture instructions.